Fundraisers & Galas
Planning your annual fundraiser or gala? At RedWater, we’re focused on making your planning process as headache-free as possible. Make it a night your guests will never forget (until next year, of course)!
Wow your donors and guests with our customized decor options, and enjoy the freedom to bring in some personal touches of your own.
What decoration options do I have for fundraisers and galas?
Each of our venues provides a number of decoration options:
- Watermark - Votive candles, square mirrors, floor-length white linen.
- StoneWater - Votive candles, square mirrors, floor-length white linen.
- Sunnybrook - Votive candles, square mirrors, floor-length white linen.
- Thousand Oaks - Votive candles, square mirrors, floor-length white linen.
- Boatwerks - Charges for dinner plate decorations: silver, gold, bronze, red, copper $.85, small centerpieces $5, white resin chairs $4, white chair covers $3, stage 4-4x8 sections- $45/section, steps- $20, dance floor (included).
- Macatawa - Votive candles, simple fake plant centerpieces, floor length white linen.
- Thornapple Pointe - Votive candles, mirrors, floor-length white linen.
- Ravines - 4 large farmhouse tables, permanent market lights, floor-length white linen and choice of napkin color.
Who decorates the venue?
You or any vendor you hire are responsible for decorating the venue. There is no upcharge for decorating our venues to your liking.
They always talk about the food! Treat your donors, guests, and employees to a wonderful meal or beverages provided by our in-house catering services.
View our 2020 Events Menu for more information on pricing and options.
Do you offer an open bar option?
Yes, we are happy to provide an open bar option for your fundraiser.
Can we bring our own food and drinks?
Our venue spaces only permit for our in-house food and beverage service. We are proud of our catering services and are dedicated to providing the very best food and drinks for your special event.
What catering options are available for fundraisers and galas?
We can offer appetizers, plated and buffet-style catering. Additionally, we have breakfast, lunch, and dinner food, as well as carving station options, listed in our 2020 Events Menu. Don’t forget about dessert!
Do you offer buffets for fundraisers and galas?
Yes we do! Please take a look at our 2020 Events Menu for more information.
Whether you have a particular vision in mind for your fundraiser or gala or not, we can accommodate many different types of floor plans and spaces for events of almost any size.
How can I arrange seating for my fundraiser/gala?
We are pleased to provide you with seating arrangement flexibility for your special event. Rooms can be arranged in classroom, theatre, crescent rounds, banquet, and cocktail style seating.
Do you have round or square tables?
We have a mix of both round and square table options at our venues. Here are the different options:
- Ravines - high-tops are square, round tables for seating, 6-foot rectangular tables, 8-foot farmhouse tables.
- Boatwerks - Both round and square with the majority of high-tops being round. There are a few square high-tops. Both 6-foot and 8-foot tables.
- Watermark, StoneWater, Sunnybrook, Thousand Oaks, Thornapple and Macatawa - 8-foot and 6-foot rectangle tables. Small round high tops and 5-foot and 6-foot round low tables.
How many people can sit at each table?
The number of people that can sit at each table depends on the venue and tables selected.
- Ravines - 8 people or 10 people, depending on the size of the round table.
- Boatwerks - 8 people.
- Macatawa, Watermark, StoneWater, Sunnybrook, Thousand Oaks, Thornapple Pointe - 8 to 10 people.
What spaces can be used for fundraisers and galas?
All of our venues, with both indoor and outdoor spaces, can be used for your fundraiser or gala.
Do you offer spaces for both large and small fundraisers/galas?
Yes. We have a variety of rooms that will accommodate almost any size event.
Which restaurants can have reserved spaces for fundraisers/galas?
The following Red Water restaurants have available reserved spaces for your event:
- Cork Wine & Grille
- Reds at Thousand Oaks
- Rush Creek Bistro
- FireRock Grille
- Gravity Taphouse
- RedRock Grille.
Do you offer outdoor event spaces?
Yes, all of our venues have outdoor spaces available for your event.
Presentations? Slideshows? Not a problem. We’re happy to accommodate the technical aspects of your fundraiser or gala with audio/visual equipment as needed.
What fundraiser/gala amenities do you offer?
Each of our venues offers the following amenities:
- Watermark - built-in screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- StoneWater - portable screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- Sunnybrook - portable screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- Thousand Oaks - built-in screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- Thornapple - portable screen and projector
- Boatwerks - built-in screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- Macatawa - built-in screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- Ravines - portable screen and projector
Do you have a photobooth or great areas for taking pictures?
While we do not have a photobooth in-house, there is plenty of beautiful scenery for taking pictures at your special event. Additionally, we have a list of preferred vendors that offer photobooth equipment for rent if you so desire.
Here are more frequently asked questions about our fundraiser and gala venues.
How long can fundraisers/galas be?
We can accommodate almost any length of fundraiser/gala. It can be as long or short as you’d like!
What else should I know about booking a space for fundraisers/galas?
We have the ability to be creative in how we use the space to make your fundraiser or gala an unforgettable event. Speak with an Event Manager to learn more!
What are fun examples of things people have done at fundraisers in the past?
In the past, we had a client use the cart barn located at Thousand Oaks to house items for their auction.
Additionally, utilizing an outdoor patio at any of our spaces not only provides more room, but also adds a nice scenery element to your event.
What kind of fundraisers or galas have been hosted at your locations in the past?
We’ve hosted many different types of fundraisers and galas in the past. We recommend speaking with an Event Manager for more ideas.
Do you offer discounts to nonprofit organizations hosting fundraisers/galas at your venues?
We’re always willing to work with you on a case by case basis. Please speak with an Event Manager to learn more.