Planning a networking event or business training? RedWater venues have had the pleasure of hosting clients such as the Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce, Holland Chamber of Commerce, and hundreds of others for their networking and business events.
We’re proud to offer you the freedom to decorate for your event however you’d like, and our decor options for each venue will help you get started.
What decoration options do I have for business networking events?
Each of our venues provides a number of decoration options:
- Watermark - Votive candles, square mirrors, floor-length white linen.
- StoneWater - Votive candles, square mirrors, floor-length white linen.
- Sunnybrook - Votive candles, square mirrors, floor-length white linen.
- Thousand Oaks - Votive candles, square mirrors, floor-length white linen.
- Boatwerks - Charges for dinner plate decorations: silver, gold, bronze, red, copper $.85, small centerpieces $5, white resin chairs $4, white chair covers $3, stage 4-4x8 sections- $45/section, steps- $20, dance floor (included).
- Macatawa - Votive candles, simple fake plant centerpieces, floor length white linen.
- Thornapple Pointe - Votive candles, mirrors, floor-length white linen.
- Ravines - 4 large farmhouse tables, permanent market lights, floor-length white linen and choice of napkin color.
Who decorates the venue?
You or any vendor you hire are responsible for decorating the venue. There is no upcharge for decorating our venues to your liking.
We offer a number of catering and beverage options to help you keep your guests sustained for any length of event, no matter time of day.
View our 2020 Events Menu for more information on pricing and options.
Do you offer an open bar option?
Yes, we are happy to provide an open bar option for your event.
Can we bring our own food and drinks?
Our venue spaces only permit for our in-house food and beverage service. We are proud of our catering services and are dedicated to providing the very best food and drinks for your special event.
What catering options are available for networking events?
We can offer appetizers, plated and buffet-style catering. Additionally, we have breakfast, lunch, and dinner food, as well as carving station options, listed in our 2020 Events Menu. Don’t forget about dessert!
Do you offer buffets for business events?
Yes we do! Please take a look at our 2020 Events Menu for more information.
Our venues have a number of rooms and spaces to help you host a business event or meeting of any size. We can also change seating arrangements to match the style of the event.
How can I arrange seating for my networking event?
We are pleased to provide you with seating arrangement flexibility for your special event. Rooms can be arranged in classroom, theatre, crescent rounds, banquet, and cocktail style seating.
Do you have round or square tables?
We have a mix of both round and square table options at our venues. Here are the different options:
- Ravines - High-tops are square, round tables for seating, 6-foot rectangular tables, 8-foot farmhouse tables.
- Boatwerks - Both round and square with the majority of hightops being round. There are a few square high-tops. Both 6-foot and 8-foot tables.
- Watermark, StoneWater, Sunnybrook, Thousand Oaks, Thornapple and Macatawa - 8-foot and 6-foot rectangle tables. Small round high-tops and 5-foot and 6-foot round low tables.
How many people can sit at each table?
The number of people that can sit at each table depends on the venue and tables selected.
- Ravines - 8 people or 10 people, depending on the size of the round table.
- Boatwerks - 8 people.
- Macatawa, Watermark, StoneWater, Sunnybrook, Thousand Oaks, Thornapple Pointe - 8 to 10 people.
Do you have high-top tables for standing and networking?
Yes, all of our venues have high-top table options.
What spaces can be used for business networking events?
All of our venues, with both indoor and outdoor spaces, can be used for your business networking event.
Do you offer spaces for both large and small networking events?
Yes. We have a variety of rooms that will accommodate almost any size event.
Which restaurants can have reserved spaces for networking or training parties?
The following Red Water restaurants have available reserved spaces for your networking event:
- Cork Wine & Grille
- Reds at Thousand Oaks
- Rush Creek Bistro
- FireRock Grille
- Gravity Taphouse
- RedRock Grille
Do you offer outdoor training spaces?
Yes, all of our venues have outdoor spaces available for your event.
Slideshow? Presentation? No problem. We’re happy to accommodate the technical aspects of your business networking or training event with audio/visual equipment as needed.
What business event amenities do you offer?
Each of our venues offers the following amenities:
- Watermark - built-in screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- StoneWater - portable screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- Sunnybrook - portable screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- Thousand Oaks - built-in screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- Thornapple - portable screen and projector
- Boatwerks - built-in screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- Macatawa - built-in screens, projectors, microphones, house sound
- Ravines - portable screen and projector
Here are more frequently asked questions about our business networking or training event venues.
How long can business events be?
We can accommodate almost any length of networking or training event. It can be as long or short as you’d like!
What else should I know about booking a space for networking or training events?
High-top tables are available at every event space, and they’re perfect for networking events!
What are fun examples of things people have done at networking events in the past?
Here are some excellent ideas from recent clients:
- The Chamber of Commerce does a networking lunch where you switch tables and pass cards around so you get more structured networking.
- The Holland Chamber does a “Power Happy Hour” where you have to get a card filled out all the way by meeting new people who can sign their name on it.
What kind of networking or training events have been hosted at your locations in the past?
We’ve hosted many different types of networking and training events in the past. The Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce hosts about 3-5 events in our spaces per year, and all of the smaller Chambers hold events throughout the year as well. We recommend speaking with an Event Manager for more ideas.